About the OSC
The Ospreys Supporters Club (OSC) was formed in 2010...The aims of the club:
To provide activities and services for the benefit of those who support Ospreys Rugby and specifically.
- To assist supporters wishing to travel to away games through the provision of transport and/or electronic guides
- To organise and promote social facilities and/or activities
- To engage in fund-raising for the benefit of Ospreys Rugby and/or nominated charities
- To undertake other appropriate activities.
- To promote the interests of supporters and Ospreys Rugby and to aid in relations and mutual understanding between the parties and other relevant bodies.
- To support the teams and players representing Ospreys Rugby both on and off the field
- To foster good relations with rugby supporters from other clubs and at all times act as ambassadors for Ospreys Rugby
- To work to increase match-day attendance at the Liberty Stadium
- To help maintain the Ospreys brand by promoting the age-grade and development sections, as well as the grass roots game in the region
The OSC encourages members to contact the club with any ideas or suggestions, via e-mail, email@example.com. Volunteers to help with the running of the club are always welcome and you can register your interest by using the e-mail address above.
The full constitution of the OSC can be downloaded here as a .PDF file.Frequently Asked Questions
Q Who can become a member of the Ospreys Supporters Club?
A . Ospreys Season Ticket holders automatically become OSC members, and anyone else can join by paying the appropriate annual fee. Application forms can be obtained by emailing the Club on firstname.lastname@example.org
Q Does the OSC represent all fans, or just season ticket holders?
A The OSC represents all Ospreys fans. There is an email link for any supporter who requires further information or who wants to put forward any suggestions - email@example.com
Organisation and management of the OSC
Q Is there a Constitution?
A Yes, and it can be downloaded from the link provided on this page.
Q Who makes up the OSC Management Committee?
A The Committee is comprised of Ospreys supporters who volunteered their services in response to adverts placed on the website and in matchday programmes when vacancies arise.
Q Are the officers answerable to the Club management or the supporters?
A OSC Committee members act as a link between the two, and so are answerable to both the supporters and the Ospreys club management.
Q Is there some form of regular communication to provide the supporters with information, feedback etc.?
A. Yes, this website is where information is posted, and we hope to use this to supply regular OSC information. The OSC also utilises the Ospreys e-zine, facebook and twitter to keep people up to date with what we have planned. There are also pages in each match day programme specifically for the Supporters Club.
Q Is there any form of loyalty or points recognition scheme?
A. For Season Ticket Holders and OSC country members, there are benefits associated with being a member, these can be found on the OSC Membership benefits page on this website.
Contrary to what may be popular belief, the committee members and area/ regional contacts are all volunteers, who receive no benefit in kind, whatsoever, for the duties that they perform. Neither are OSC committee members party to any information regarding who the Ospreys are likely to be signing in the coming months. We appreciate that you may already be aware of this, but it would appear, some of our membership think that we are in possession of this information ! Thanks for your understanding.What it means to be Ospreylian ?
- I watch the Ospreys because win or lose, I meet my friends, I re-unite with my tribe.
- I wear my teams colours and shout for my heroes. I join in the banter and discuss the good and the bad.
- I rejoice in the glorious and despair at the hopeless.
- I watch the Ospreys live.........because it's real.
Between May and September I wonder what to do. I feel lost and try to fill the void in my life. I watch the Ospreys live because it gives me a place and a time that is mine.
I watch the Ospreys on TV because I can watch it more than once and it reminds of what i saw live, but it will never replace the clatter of the turnstile, walking up those steps, seeing that green turf, hearing the buzz and the moment the Ospreys take the field.
Reproduced by kind permission of Gary JohnOSC Membership Benefits
We are able to provide the following benefits as a result of being a member of the Ospreys Supporters Club. We hope to provide you with more as we mature as an organisation.
- 10% discount on tickets purchased for all matches covered by the season ticket
- 10% discount on all Ospreys merchandise purchased at the Liberty Stadium Club Shop
- Priority booking for all Magners League & Heineken Cup progression matches & any away match tickets put on sale
- Automatic entry into ticket ballot for purchase of Welsh International home matches
Swansea - Cork Ferry
The OSC has secured a 15% discount for all Swansea/Cork ferry crossings'.
All you have to do is confirm your membership number when booking. It's that simple! It doesn't have to be a rugby related trip either !
The Fastnet Line ferry service on the Swansea to Cork is the most direct route between the UK and the South West of Ireland and saves 600km (375 miles) driving on a round trip compared to alternative sea crossings. It connects the M4 Motorway in the UK directly to Cork on Ireland's South coast. The service offers comfortable overnight sailings 6 nights a week (Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from Cork and Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from Swansea) departing generally at 21:00 and arriving at 7:00 the next morning.
The MV Julia has capacity for 1,500 passengers, 440 cars, 40 trucks and has over 300 cabins on board for a comfortable journey. Dine in style, eat informally or grab a snack with a choice of three restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. Plenty to do for all the family with a cinema, children's play zone, a casino and a visitor information centre. Arrive refreshed to start your holiday in the best frame of mind.
We would also like to offer a 15% discount to all members of the Ospreys Supporters Club when making a booking with Fastnet Line. With Thomond Park Stadium less than two hours from Cork, travelling with Fastnet Line is ideal for any Osprey's Fan!
*Offer subject to availability; please quote Osprey's Supporters Club Member Id Number when making a reservation.